Friday 18 February 2011

I am chuffed to bits!

Remember a few days back I mentioned Boo and I snuggling up under the quilt I made her? Well, I thought I'd show it off a bit. It's the first quilt I've ever made and now I want to make a million more! Saying that, this one was supposed to be finished a little while ago (ok, a BIG while ago) but now it's finished I want to start another one straight away! It's got mistakes unique, quirky bits all over it but I love it and, more importantly Baby Boo does too.



I did that twirly, whirly stitching (stippling?) which I think looks pretty cool and feeding the quilt through the machine gave me biceps to be proud of. Who knew quilting was such a workout?! Right, off to pick out fabric for quilt number 2.

PS. Sorry about the grey skies. I did ask the weather fairy for blue with a hint of fluffy cloud but she muttered something about budget cuts and so that was that. Linking to Whipperberry's Friday Flair with the 'Baby Boo Quilt'.



5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first quilt! I'm in the process of beginning my very first too!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love it! So glad I started this quilting malarky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's soooo lovely! I must admit I did a really easy baby one for my first - am on one for our king-size bed at the minute, it's taking a while but starting to come together now at last.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know they're beautiful! But wayyy out of my price range! I'd love to take a look at your quilting folder, that'd be super helpful! Thanks!
    allison.mccue@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete